Wellington Bus Drivers
- Family driven and slightly bus crazy team!
- Opportunities for a better work / life balance
- Join the squad bringing electric buses to New Zealand
Tranzit Group is one of New Zealand's largest family owned transport companies operating since 1924. We deliver high-quality, award-winning public transport and tourism services nationwide. The newest addition to our Group, tranzurban will operate a big part of the new Metlink bus network from mid-2018 in collaboration with Greater Wellington Regional Council. With a 1000-strong crew and growing, this is a fast-paced industry and an exciting time to be joining our team.
About the role:
We have a range of urban driver positions available across the Wellington region designed to suit a variety of lifestyles. We are looking for experienced bus drivers and people new to the industry. We will provide the training and licencing to get you driving a bus, and you'll bring a positive personality to the team. You will also have a desire to work within your community delivering fantastic public transport, while driving New Zealand's most modern fleet, around our coolest little capital.
- A team player with a positive outlook
- Willing to learn new methods
- Passionate about delivering awesome transport experiences to your communities
- A calm communicator who can constructively work alongside people from all backgrounds
- A confident driver with a clean driving record, who has had a Class 1 FULL licence for at least 2 years
Why you should apply:
- Competitive pay and team benefits
- Family business with a strong leadership team you can be proud of
- Flexible work hours available
- Variety of shifts - achieve your preferred work / life balance
- Career progression - our wider operations span all vehicle sizes and types as well as charters, tours, route services, Kiwi Experience and large-scale nationwide events - plus the support teams to keep the wheels turning!
- NZQA accredited with full training kit provided
- Choose your location of work, with new depots being built in Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Wainuiomata, Grenada and Rongotai (limited positions available at each depot)
Full assistance for Class 2, or Class 4, licencing and Passenger Endorsement - we pay for you to get qualified.
Be quick to secure your preferred location
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.